What is a blog?

Though you (“the reader”) may be expecting an informative article on blogs, I’m just writing my observations about blogs.

I’ve read many blog articles. Some are done well. Others, not so much.

From my perspective, blogging should be a natural outgrowth of one’s thought life. If you are thinking about a thing, and you want to talk about that thing, then you can also write about that thing.

Do you need to do research? Not necessarily. Right now, I’m just typing my thoughts as I go. If I want to give precise information about a thing, then I will do research in hopes that I will not give misleading information.

My intent on this blog is to share my thoughts on things. They will not necessarily be deep thoughts, or thoughts that will pique the reader’s interest. But they will be authentically my thoughts, unless otherwise noted.

“Hands-free blogging” is what I’ll call this for now. There are no expectations that I have of this blog, except that I hope to be myself. (I think that kind of thing –really wanting to be yourself and not what others expect of you – can happen to a person as she gets older.)

I also do not have any expectations of my readers, except that I hope they will take the time to think about what I’ve written and examine their own perspectives.And thank you to those of you who are already doing this. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Your Cars